Steve's F

Steve's F

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Womanity - Love You

Today is another day on the treadmill, a meeting a 09 00 and then off to speak about resilience to a  large group of women for International Women's Day. Then 2 meetings about that on a project very close to my heart. Then a dinner with a friend I haven't seen for ages, who always manages to bring me back to me. When do I have time to be a woman?

The whole week has gone in a haze, trains, meetings, presentations, dealing with old stuff and new. I've missed 2 important deadlines (extended) I have felt vulnerable, I have had to keep it all together. Because that is what I do. I am  everything to everyone.

If there's one thing I want to tell these amazing women today  it's that as women, we are born resilient and it's like a seed  that if we nurture it, is more than  bounceback ability, it's about creation, innovation and rebirth from a place of  vulnerability.

I love this TED Talk by Brene Brown.

"vulnerability is no weakness and that myth is profoundly dangerous."



Today I wish you and the women in your life and your world  a happy day and I wish you open heartedness and courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment