Steve's F

Steve's F

Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Borders and crossings

Found this by Tove Jansson:
I love borders. August is the border between summer and autumn; it is the most beautiful month I know.Twilight is the border between day and night, and the shore is the border between sea and land. The border is longing: when both have fallen in love but still haven't said anything. The border is to be on the way. It is the way that is the most important thing.
Tove Jansson
Sometimes you know you are going to fall so hard and hurt so badly, you stop.
But borders are made for crossing.
So that space where two lives intersected with wild deep full frontal kissing facing the solemn stone of the Masonic lodge,  when your hands held my hair away from my face, but I don't mind, you could kiss me,  when there was no gap between us to let in any distraction. The boredom that pervades you couldn't   creep in. Our borders blurred. Everything felt possible. Universes and promises were made in the space between a breath.
And try as I might to throw you out of my thoughts, your memory pervades. And the feeling of something new and wanted and wanting more lingers. You weren't a two liner.
Somewhere between desire and longing that's where we reside.
"I want to live in full passion." You said, out loud.


Did you cast a spell, my love?

No comments:

Post a Comment